You made a great choice with staying in Prague for Christmas. You will probably wan’t to go out for a Christmas Eve dinner to try out some typical Czech Christmas food, right?
Traditional Czech Christmas Eve dinner is carp (popular fish in Czech republic) soup with croutons and fried carp schnitzel with potato salad. If this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, don’t worry – we made a list of restaurants in Prague’s city center offering all kinds of Christmas Eve dinner menus. All these restaurants bring pleasant festive atmosphere and interesting gastronomic experience. What’s more, most of them is just a nice walk away from our Bohemia Apartments. Don’t forget to book the restaurant as soon as possible once you choose the place to be for Christmas Eve.
TRADITIONAL CZECH CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER
These are the restaurants offering traditional Czech Christmas Eve menu consisting of several courses with the main one being carp or other schnitzel and a potato salad:
1) Pod Věží right next to Charles Bridge.
2) La Bottega Bistroteka in Dlouhá street.
3) Francouzská restaurace in Municipal House.
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS EVE MENUS
These restaurants will be serving their own à la carte OR special Christmas Eve menus:
1) Ginger and Fred restaurant in the Dancing House.
2) Oblaca restaurant in Žižkov TV Tower.
3) Villa Richter on the hillside below Prague Castle.
4) Kampa park on Kampa island.
MODERN TAKE ON TRADITIONAL CZECH CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER
These restaurants will offer traditional Czech food with slightly modern twist as well as other alternatives:
1) Žofín garden on Žofín island.
2) Crystal bar & Restaurant in V Kolkovne street.
Do you want to know what is trending in Prague? Get our news and tips right into your email inbox!