You find yourself in a new luxury Prague apartment with amazing views of Prague castle and Charles bridge in a quiet house. Windows are facing to Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and to the panorama of Lesser Town. Which interesting places worth visiting are there in walking distance of your apartment? Let us help you with that, there is plenty to discover.
As you find yourself in the city centre, you have a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. There are both international and Czech restaurants close to your apartment. Among the ones that offer international cuisine, let us point out:
- Grosseto Marina, an Italian boat restaurant with stunning views over the river is docking on Alšovo nábřeží, which is within a 5 minute walking distance from your apartment. Reservation is a must if you want to get the best view. (+420 605 454 020)
- School restaurant and lounge which offers modern take on classical Czech cuisine and is within 5 minutes of walking from your apartment on Smetanovo nábřeží.
- Golden Tikka for Indian food lovers situated on Konviktská street situated within 7 minutes of walking from your apartment.
- Modrý Zub, a restaurant offering Asian cuisine situated on Spálená street, which is within 15 minutes of walking from your apartment.
- And last but not least, Café-Pub Atmosphere situated in the basement of your apartment offers international cuisine. You will find many locals enjoying their food and or drinks here.
Now, there is no doubt that you should try some traditional Czech food. Czech restaurants and pubs have several similarities. They look all similar and are usually smoking. However, they often have non-smoking area. Czech restaurants and pubs have their typical wooden interior design, so do not be suprised by its non-luxuriousness. The closest good places to get some nice Czech food are:
- U Pinkasů on Jungmannovo náměstí is withing 10 minutes of walking from your apartment.
- U Vejvodů on Jilská street is situated within 10 minutes of walking from your apartment
- U Rotundy is a typical Czech pub with good Czech beer and food on Karoliny Světlé street. It is a 5 minute walk from your apartment.
There are some vegetarian options near your apartment as well. Lehká hlava is a vegetarian restaurant on Boršov street situated within 5 minutes of walking from your apartment. Beas Vegetarian Dhaba is an Indian vegetarian restaurant on Vladislavova street. It will take you 20 minutes to walk there or about 10 minutes with tram from your apartment. If you prefer to cook your own food, there is a Tesco on Národní avenue and a convenience store.
Prague city centre is full of cafés. You can find all types of cafés here – there are traditional Czech cafés, modern, organic, fair trade, artistic, student and hipster cafés to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and snacks. Here are the good ones close to your apartment:
- Kavárna Slavia is the most famous Czech café known for art-deco interior and river views on Smetanovo nábřeží. Czech intellectuals have been meeting here since 1884. You will find this traditional café within a 5 minute walking distance from your apartment.
- Café Louvre is a Parisian style café dating from 1902 situated on Národní avenue within a 15 minute walking distance from your apartment.
- Café NONA offers modern design and artistic environment of Prague’s National Theatre and is also situated on Národní avenue within a 10 minute walking distance from your apartment.
- Café Lávka will offer you amazing views over the river and is situated on Novotného Lávka within walking distance of 5 minutes from your apartment.
- Choco Café U Červené židle is popular Prague chocolatier and you will find it on Liliová street which is about 10 minutes of walking from your apartment.
You surely know that Czech republic is famous for its beer. We are named the biggest drinkers of beer per head. It will not suprise you then that the city centre of Prague is full of pubs, bars and clubs as well. These are the closest to your apartment:
- Hemingway Bar is a bar well known for its high quality coctails. You will find it on Karoliny Světlé street and reservation is a must. (+420 773 974 764)
- Na břehu Rhony is a lovely wine bar popular among locals situated within 20 minutes of walking or 8 minutes by tram on Na Hrobci street. We recommend you make a reservation to get a nice seat. (+420 733 785 377)
- Zlatý strom is a club on Karlova street mainly playing mainstream hits and music. You will get there in 5 minutes of walking from your apartment.
- Klub Lávka is a bar and club which offers nice view over Prague. It has got a terrace bar during the summer. You will find it 5 minutes from your apartment on Novotného lávka.
- Dlouhá street is a popular street full of bars and clubs. You will find all types of entertainment here with all sorts of music – from chilled bars to loud clubs. The best known (and also most crowded) are Harley’s, James Dean and Roxy club.
There are a few nice bakeries that offer beautiful breads and all sorts of other crunchy bakery products in the area of your apartment. There is Breadway and French chain bakery Paul on Národní avenue which is within walking distance of 10 minutes from your apartment. On Karlova street, withing 15 minutes of walking from your apartment, you will find Krusta bakery.
THE CLOSEST SIGHTS AND MUST-SEES IN PRAGUE
As you find yourself right in the centre of Prague, all famous Prague sights are within walking distance from your apartment.
The Charles bridge is the most famous bridge in the Czech republic and is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues and statuaries, most of them in Baroque style.
Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock
It takes about 20 minutes of nice walk to Old Town Square from your apartment. It has been Prague’s heart since the 10th century and its main market place until the beginning of the 20th century. There are beautiful pastel-coloured buildings of Romanesque or Gothic origin with fascinating house signs.
Malá Strana, Kampa and Pražský hrad
Just across the river from your apartment lies Malá Strana (Lesser Quarter), which is a beautiful Baroque quarter which clusters around the foot of Prague Castle. Architecturally the most important street is Nerudova which leads to Prague Castle. Most of the buildings bear house signs. Kampa is an “island” bounded by the Vltava and is a very peaceful place. John Lennon Wall became a political focus for Prague youth after death of John Lennon. An image of Lennon is painted there along with political graffiti, Beatles lyrics and peace messages.
Wenceslas Square is a popular square for shopping. Many historical events occurred there, and it is a traditional setting for demonstrations, celebrations, and other public gatherings.
National Theatre provides a stage for traditional opera, drama and ballet by the likes of Smetana, Shakespeare and Tchaikovsky, sharing the program alongside modern works by composers and playwrights such as Philip Glass and John Osborne.
The New Stage is an institution open to varied forms of modern theatre. It offers pieces created by ensembles of the National Theatre (ballet, drama and Laterna magika). A great part of the programme, though, consists of independent projects, foreign guests, shows for kids, festivals and a diversity of other events.
Rudolfinum is a Neo-Renaissance building on Jan Palach square and it is home to the world-renowned Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and Rudolfinum Gallery – one of the best galleries in Prague.
Popular venues near your apartment for live rock and pop music are Lucerna Music Hall and Rock Café, Jazz Dock, Jazz Republic, Reduta and Blues Sklep.
UNIQUE AND QUIRKY SPOTS NEAR YOUR APARTMENT
There are lots of unique and quirky things to spot in the city of Prague off the beaten path and we highly recommend visiting them. The nearest ones to your apartment are:
- David Černý´s sculptures are sculptures made by this provocative artist and are spread all over Prague. The best known ones are on Kampa (giant babies), in Lucerna Palace (upside-down horse), Husova street (Hanging man) and Anenské náměstí (embryo on eaves). You can read more about this artist in our article Who Is David Cerny? or David Cerný Prague Tour.
- Dancing House is a modern architectonic pearl in Prague.
- Jewish Quarter is a beautiful quarter of Prague with famous Franz Kafka statue, Jewish cemetery and synagogues.
- River cruise on Vltava river will provide you with stunning views on Prague from the deck.
- The Prague locals’ favourite farmer’s market on “Náplavka” takes place every Saturday from 8 am – 2 pm just a few steps from your apartment – on Rašínovo nábřeží. Go for a stroll and enjoy some nice fresh food.
- Museum of Medieval Torture Instruments is a 5 minutes walk from your apartment on Křižovnického náměstí.
Babies by David Černý on Kampa